A relaxed and creative workshop with something for everyone.
With knowledge of the techniques involved and practice, anyone can learn how to draw what they see. This workshop involves an exploration of various art and craft techniques from the very basic including the grid method to more complex ones such as shading and crosshatching. We will also provide you with handy tips to help you hone your skills.
Romily will cover a number of different activities lasting up to 3 or 4 weeks depending on what stages the members get to and how complex the subjects are. These include painting, portraits, still life, perspective, cards, pop- up and print making. She also take on board the ideas of the members and try to incorporate these as much as possible.
By the end of the workshop members will:
- have a better understanding of how to choose drawing materials
- be taught various drawing techniques to develop individual skills
- gain confidence in using different drawing techniques
- practise free-hand drawing
- produce a drawing on the subject of your choice
- have a better understanding of painting mediums and their different merits
- be taught various painting techniques to develop individual skills
- gain confidence in using colour and tone
- work towards producing a painting on the subject of your choice.
- have an opportunity to discuss displaying and/or selling your work to help fund future painting workshops.
Decorative craft art
Drawing and painting